We’re 3 days into our e-textiles short course, Code-able Fashion, and we’re all learning a lot, kids and adults! A few quick notes I’ve taken as we progress:
- We could have a whole IPW project just on sewing and “stitch-craft” (nevermind the programming!)
- We could have a whole IPW project just on programming wearables (nevermind the sewing!)
- Differentiating is even harder when your students are a mixed-age group from 8-12
- Sharing the work of pioneers like Maddy Maxey, Limor Fried, Leah Buechley is a great way to start off each work day with kids!
- Embroidery hoops are AMAZING!
- The boys in the group (only 2?!) love the work, but they suggest naming the course “Code-able Clothing” in the future, because they feel the word ‘fashion’ scared off many other boys for some reason.