A&HA 5063: ASSIGNMENT #5

I am taking my instructional art card game to a new place for a moment. I’m reimagining  the prompt cards into dice that can be rolled to deliver instructions. I built some prototypes in TinkerCAD and 3D printed them. I used white CPE filament for durability and they ability to recolor the plastic for finishing. I colored with markers this time. Three numbered dice are also pictured which I did not fabricate, but I didn’t feel like reinventing the wheel for those. These dice will have to work without code snippets of course, but they could be also well suited to hand drawing activities, or outdoor art activities with sidewalk-chalk.

Advertisements

A&HA 5063: ASSIGNMENT #4

This week I further refined my instructional art card game with a great suggestion from a classmate. Trisha thought that it would be great to make the cards into a game by making the word prompts into challenges to actually create the required code. To achieve that goal I added Scratch code snippets to the back of each card that correspond to each prompt. Players would deal out cards to create an art prompt, and earn points if they can program the visual without looking at the code snippet. Updated cards below:

 

A&HA 5063: Assignment #3

This week I was exploring my idea to design a instructional art card game. Stringing the category cards together generates a drawing prompt for the user to execute. The idea is inspired by some of the activities of the Conditional Design Group. I also learned how to use a Silhouette Cameo for the first time too. The first few batches of card prototypes are scribed and cut out on yardstick with the machine. An example outcome is also displayed below: Draw 3 black triangles that are sharing vertices.